16 October 2007

Well I'll be damned

Congratulations to the Rockies. I have to say when they got to within five outs of advancing I kept on thinking back to 2003 and the Cubs. That's how close they came until they had their monumental collapse blamed on an overzealous fan.



When Colorado got past that hurdle, I knew they were in the clear, though they added a little drama in the 8th as Arizona came back. I dropped off my friend Brian at Coors Field after the show last night. He's credentialized through the World Series and got into the park in the 7th inning. After the game, he was down on the field and went back into the locker room and had a blast.

I'm glad for him because he had one of his worst days he's ever had at work, so it was a good reward after dealing with such melodrama in the newsroom. I'm sure 10 years from now he won't remember the undermining that a couple of coworkers were doing, instead he'll look back on this:



I watched the end of the game with my friend Dana at our usual place at our usual table during one of our every other week night out. The poor women gets to hear me vent. Had plenty to vent about Monday night as I got into a heated argument with one of our photographers and was actually shaking from adreneline - the two cups of coffee didn't help. It's hard to speak logically while all the time preparing to pummel somebody.

Gotta run and meet somebody for coffee.

No comments: