21 October 2007

They have a bouncy castle

I know it's quite odd for a 32-year-old single guy without kids to have so many pictures of children. What can I say, I love my niece and my friends' kids. Good people with good children and this is what happens when you get older; everybody propagates.

So Saturday was Hannah's 2nd birthday party back at my mom's place in Chicago. I actually think my mother is unable to move out if she ever wanted to. I believe it's in the family clause of the contract, but that yard is used so much for family functions I'm surprised it hasn't been zoned commercial yet.

I think you can get the picture of what the scene was like. I can. Lots of decorations, lots of kids, lots of screaming, lots of things going crash and, wait a minute...



They got a bouncy castle! Nobody told me they were getting a bouncy castle! I would have flown in if I knew there was a bouncy castle involved. And hold on a second...



Cupcakes! I love chocolate cupcakes! I supposed you had stuffed pizza as well. Ah...stuffed pizza!

I digress. Everybody had a wonderful time. I mean really, does that not look like content cuteness right there:



I guess I also have to fess up to a statement I made in the last post about my mom and sister making Hannah too girlie. One of her birthday gifts from me was this:



So yes I am just as guilty and my mother let me know about it as well:

The jacket you got Hannah is adorable - she will look great in it. And don't talk about Mommy and Nonna putting her in pink and purple - you got her pink too.


Thanks mom. Realized the hypocrisy when I ordered it. Also found out that Nonna is not Nana. Teach the kid pronunciation will ya! Any ways, do you know how impossible it is to find girl clothes which don't have the colors pink or purple in them? Darn near impossible. And I have to confess I do feel very awkward when I go to the store and am perusing through the kids clothing section. I get this ESP feeling that all of these mothers think I am some sort of sick creep.

As for life in Colorado, I'm musing on the memory of trail-running yesterday in shorts and a tanktop as I watch the snowflakes whisk by out the window. The Jack-o-lantern I carved yesterday at my friends' party appears to have a bad case of dandruff as I can measure over three inches of freshies on my balcony.

One more good storm and I'll be heading out to the backcountry in search of some powder stashes without worrying about giving my skis a bad case of talus-burn.

Think today will be spent doing some chores, drafting a couple of cover letters for a pair of jobs in South America and maybe some work on my novel.

ARTIST OF THE POST

Linkin Park - It's an addicting song for some reason.

1 comment:

karla said...

Dude. I want a bouncy castle at my next party.