27 October 2007

Dismembering gourds

So last Saturday a group of us got together over at Brian's & Christy's and partook in the annual tradition of pumpkin carving. I nearly canceled twice the week leading up to the festivities for emotional reasons. Not that I draw any affinity to squash, rather pumpkin-carving parties were what Tasha and I did together for the past seven years, and it didn't feel right to do it without her.

Nonetheless I went and happy I did. I continued my streak of carving a Star Wars-themed Jack-o-lantern; choosing to etch out the visage of a stormtrooper.

Mine is in the middle, thanks for the pic Sandi:




Here are some of the ones I did in the past couple of years:





ARTIST OF THE POST

Dave Matthews Band - It's just where I am at in my life right now.

2 comments:

karla said...

Man, you're a jack-o-lantern artist. Mine would look like a crime scene, if I were foolish enough to try to carve one.

Unknown said...

Oh, you never saw the ones from the early years. It's called "templates".