05 February 2008

He's almost human again

I have never been a conspiracy theorist. True I believe the odds mean there is extraterrestrial life. But as far as the government bugs every home, there was a second shooter and the government is covering up the truth in 9/11; my reaction is, "Nobody is that important." and "Cut down on the Ho-hos, the sugar is getting to your brain".

However, my view might be shifting. Let's say some drug company decided to create a designer virus, something that is immune to any drug out there. And let's say the drug company decided to release said designer drug on an unknowing subject. And let's say that unknowing subject is ME!!



In the slightly-distorted lyrics of a New Order song Truth Faith, "I never thought the day would ever come that my life would depend on not coughing blood."

Yesterday was the first day I didn't hack up blood causing mild celebration and rumors of a ticker-tap parade down the festive streets in Englewood. OK, maybe I embellish a little. But nearly three weeks later and I am still not normal. My throat still is scratchy and cause for sudden interruptions of sleep at night. Hell, I have worked out twice in the past two days in an attempt to gain back the weight I've lost.

So that would explain the lack of posts and adventures lately. I don't really believe people want to read about the number of times I coughed, the average temperature of my fever nor the color of the phlegm my throat has produced.

Work Feature up

It is about three weeks tardy from when I first envisioned it being posted, but you can now read my outdoor feature for work here. It feels good to get out and report again, though my feature-writing abilities have definitely been tarnished by the 4-year layoff.



Every week I will post on something new. I'm looking at the life of a ski patroller, a giant avalanche drill, nordic skiing, avalanche dogs and of course, there will be some climbing posts done. I will soon start incorporating video clips in the feature as well as soon as my Final Cut Pro skills grow.

ARTIST OF POST

Incubus - A good reminder to all of us; don't take life for granted, it will evaporate quicker than you know.

No comments: