18 January 2008

Happy place, Happy place

I'm tired of being sick. I'm tired of it being freezing outside. I'm just plain tired. Going to my happy place. The doorway reopened in my head again after my buddy Livingston contacted me out of the blue. the last I saw of him was dropping him off in Merced after climbing in Yosemite.

He's still guiding and guiding Pico in Mexico. If anybody ever needs a guide, let me know. I remember seeing Pico while driving to Rio Blanco in el estado de Veracruz back when we lived there. It is odd seeing a giant white snowcone in a very warm climate.



So on to my happy place. This is the sandcrawler - a wonderful sharp-as-hell boulder 15 minutes outside of Oaxaca city. The problem Livingston is on goes at V4 and is fun as hell once you get the sequence down.



This picture is on the approach to Cathedral Peak in Tuolumne - the alpine section of Yosemite Natl Park. I'm looking forward to my return trip to the Sierras this summer and to feel the reassuring touch of it's bleached granite.

No comments: