15 February 2008

Love is in the thin air

It was a long day yesterday; 13-hour work day actually. I volunteered to go up and shoot an anchor package on a mass wedding at the top of Loveland Ski Area. And I'm glad I did. It was a good learning experience as I discovered a few things I need to work on.

I just wished my camera worked without breaking. For some reason half of the footage was fine and the other half was blurry. And I can be sure that this time it actually was the gear and not the photographer. The auto focus must have froze. It was rather surprising because it was calm and probably about 15 degrees - not too cold.

Fifty couples said I do - 10 of them for the first time. I did resist the urge to shout out, "Don't do it! It is the biggest mistake of your life." Actually it was rather touching, seeing couples gaze into each other's eyes and you could see true love. I remember what that felt like.



Tomorrow I'm heading up to Copper Mountain to do a story about avalanche dogs. I have volunteered to get buried in the snow. While I am sure I will freak out, I figure it is something I should experience, just in case it does happen while backcountry skiing or doing a winter climb.

ARTIST OF POST - Flobots. Catchy song by a local band. Props to anybody who squeezes in the word metronome into their lyrics.

No comments: