18 November 2008

Work interrupted, handlebar ejection

It's a little more than a week before Thanksgiving and it's over 70 degrees outside. And luck would have it, it's my day off. Sometimes fate does smile upon me - and not only after pulling the karmic rug from underneath me either.

Not too bad considering I had to keep my eye on the trail.


Two big loops in three hours. One instance of being jailhouse violated by my saddle when I unexpectedly came to a switchback. And one instance of a spectacular over-the-handlebars flip when I pinched my tire in a granite constriction. I stuck the landing and avoided the tree so I should receive high marks from the judges (except the Peruvian one. He's always shifty.).



Wanted to kick myself for not bringing my climbing shoes or at least my approach shoes. Elephant Butte was beckoning me. Perfect temps, perfect lighting and no compound fractures. I really just need to start bringing the whole kit when I head out. Some 300 feet of solo slabbing would have been a perfect dessert.

No comments: