12 October 2008

Blustery, bitter and boring

And that's just the weather outside. Okay, I've been really busy lately, hence the lack of an update. I was working alot which meant no play time for Ryan. Now I might be unemployed which means lots of play time for Ryan but the weather has turned to crud.

So here are some pictures from the past few weeks. I figure posting them gives me respite from the terrible prose I've been hacking out the past half hour. My honors lit teacher would be grimacing right now.

My sister canoeing with her hubby on the Chicago River this past summer



My niece Hannah in front of a neighbor's firetruck (yes, he's a fireman)



My little nephew Ryan just looking plain adorable



One of a giant herd of elk outside of Evergreen. They provided entertainment for a good hour with their posturing and bugling



A couple of boulders near Evergreen. The one in the background has some nice highballs with more traffic. As a result, I fell a lot pulling off lichen and loose rock - not good for the ankles tumbling from 18 feet up.



Sign of the approaching Apocalypse: Dan Gillett - a photojournalist - in a suit, during our "job interviews" to retain our positions at KWGN.



A couple of shots from the last concert @ Red Rocks this season: Sigur Ros - an Icelandic group.



No comments: