23 August 2008

DNC Buzz ... where?

Ah the media spectacle known as the DNC. The big buzz that gets the media excited and needs to make its shorts.

So I thought I would check out downtown, expecting to see tourists/ delegates taking in the sights. Drove down to my old stomping grounds, hopped on my bike and pedaled down to the Cherry Creek trail and to LoDo.

Outside of the Auraria Campus and the Pepsi Center - where the convention is being held - it was a ghost town for a weekend. Nothing, nobody. Maybe a few straggling tourists or residents washing down lunch with a pint.

Even at the Capitol and the Convention Center it was dead. So they really did ship the homeless people out. I think I saw three the entire day.

Anti-abortion protesters praying to the mighty chainlink fence god




CNN paid half a million dollars to rent out Brooklyn's Grill, repaint the facade and lord knows how much more to change the interior. I might go check it out on Monday since I am credentialed and as a CNN affiliate I can get access in there. Lord knows Greg and Chuck in Atlanta owe me.



A riot patrol squad taking a leisurely stroll down the South Platte at Confluence Park.

No comments: