27 June 2008

Belated Boulder Canyon

Funny how the week can zip by. Much of my free computer time has been devoted to a little movie I'm putting together on my little nephew. Thought I'd hop on and post some picks and movie from last Sunday's climbing trip to Boulder Canyon.

Never had Tyrolean traversed over raging Boulder Creek before. I was happy that my climbing pulleys, used for crevasse rescue, got some work after enduring a lay-off since I lived in Washington.

Jess and Danielle get ready for the crossing



I thought I explained it well enough and thought watching me attach myself would be plenty for a tutorial. But I was wrong and they beaconed me back over. I was spared the arm-pumping crossing again by a pair of climbers who scrambled down the talus field and instructed them.



I like how loud the creek sounds in this video. It really is raging.





It was a nice leisurely day climbing. Nothing monumental. Though because of way too much time not in my harness the past four years due to various reasons, I can say the best part of the day was feeling completely normal with the rope. As long as I have been climbing, that sounds odd. But it's a familiarity thing. Nice breakthrough for the rest of the summer.

Jess getting lowered off a slab




Ian climbing some 5.10 on Avalon. Really he's there someplace.




ARTIST OF POST
- Sarah McLachlan. I profess, her voice turns me to butter.

No comments: