02 April 2008

I'm going home

Weirdest thing. I think I got sick without truly getting sick. Just have been off the past couple of days and still don't quite feel normal.

Maybe it was exhaustion. Spent the weekend skiing at Keystone and Copper Mountain with very little sleep before each day. Maybe it was something I ate - the only suspect thing is a breakfast burrito devoured at Copper Mtn. Maybe the salmonella in Alamosa's drinking water has become an airborne agent and traveled north to Denver and infected me.

Nevertheless, my weekend plans are set, and it includes going to the places I can most closely call home: Canyonlands. Working dayside Friday and leaving in the afternoon. Will camp at my normal spot just outside the entrance to the Needles District and, hopefully, I will secure a backpacking permit for the weekend.

I'm hoping to start at Elephant Hill and camp in Chestler Park




I never made it back to Canyonlands last year for, well, personal reasons. Now I'm ready to return.

From a trip a year ago near The Needles




ARTIST OF POST - Supertramp. You never see what you want to see. Forever playing to the gallery. Take the long way home.

No comments: