21 April 2010

Mom Meet Hiking

I have to say I'm pretty proud of mi madre. She comes visiting out from Chicago and managed to finish a 3-mile hike with about 700 feet elevation gain at Elk Meadows Open Space near Evergreen. Not bad for a 63-year-old grandmother who lives at 500 feet elevation.



It was nice to go at a more leisurely pace than the death march I usually go. You get to see the forest from the trees and the cacti from the grass.



Finding art in nature. Or is it the other way around?





Afterward had an incredible lunch at Two Brothers Deli in Idaho Springs. I can't sing praise enough for how good the food is and how much they give you.

If you're ever on I-70, I highly suggest stopping off and getting either breakfast or lunch. It always feels good to support independent businesses with personality.

No comments: