05 December 2008

Powder shots

Tuesday I made the plunge. While I said, and truly believed, I wouldn't go resort skiing until after the New Year, I was too tempted to not make the drive up I-70. Loveland Ski Area reported almost four feet of snow over the previous weekend. A friend confirmed that the snow was spectacular when she went up on Monday.

It was good to get the first turns in. And yes, the snow was glorious and the ski area was less crowded than I expected; the benefit of having a Tuesday off.



It got a bit windy later in the afternoon, as evident by the above video. That was taken off the top of Chair 2.

I found out that I was a day premature. John Sellers, the PR guru at Loveland, informed me they opened up Chair 4 - where some of my favorite terrain is located - the next day. Also Chair 8 opened up later in the week as well. That leaves only Chair 9 as the lift not yet operating.

No comments: