01 May 2008

Random snowy tidbits

It's May and it is snowing outside. The nice thing is it is one of those, been snowing for hours yet the streets are bare. Also the thought it will be in the 60s this weekend makes the 2-day wet, cold interlude to spring more palatable.

Thought this was a funny photo. While skiing down from the cabin on Monday morning, I heard the familiar musical chime of my digital camera turn on from inside the pocket of my shell. While attempting to turn it off with gloved hands, I accidentally shot this experimental nouveau self-portrait:



As you can see, I am sporting the beard. When it reaches the 70s consistently, it will come off. Also I'm about three months overdue for a haircut. I figure I'm a metrosexual way ahead of the curve - shunning the preened and shiny look for what I am simply calling, "The Chewbacca".

What lady could resist such a studly countenance?



Almost done reading a really good book, "Motoring with Mohammed". The book follows the author as he tries to recover a series of journals he buried on a deserted island off the Yemeni coast 10 years earlier. As he revisits this southern Middle East country, he paints a beautiful picture of a juxtapositional society and culture with many serene and austere qualities.

My left elbow is creaky after bouldering earlier this week. I don't want a repeat of a couple of years ago when a partially torn tendon killed my climbing season. As such, I might skip a group climbing trip to Shelf Road this weekend and instead go climb and ski a couple of peaks this weekend solo: Uneva and Mt Guyot. I've had my eye on the former for a couple years now and got a good look at it this past weekend.



ARTIST OF POST - Belly. Slipped this CD in a few weeks ago and I felt I was 19 again.

No comments: