17 May 2007

Them boys crank hard

The best way to describe the bouldering in Buena Vista is sharp. I spent around seven hours bouldering and scrambling on Wednesday and I barely have any skin left on my fingertips.

I could wax hyperbole and dull you with superlatives, but I think the photos do it better justice. Yes, moving is a little tender today, although I did get in a good recovery ride on the bike, racing agains the impending thunderstorm.



The kid Ruben can climb pretty hard. It also helps he has the armspan of an albatross.



Robbie is another strong climber and has spent countless hours wandering around the brush, cactus and deer bones looking for new problems to shred your fingertips on. The problem he is on there was quite fun. Nothing like heel-hooking and slapping for a hold a centimeter deep.



Great rock, kinda sharp, just the holds face the wrong way and gravity is fairly stiff. I got up to the slapfest on the top. I appreciated the skin on my forearms remaining intact and did not like the high landing with my crash pad left a gully over.

No comments: